Goal: To challenge muscular endurance and strength in the chest and shoulders and also core and hip stabilisation.
Setup and alignment
1. Kneel on floor, place hands on the side of dome, keep arms fully extended and the finger tips facing down.
2. Adjust body positioning so that chest and shoulders are aligned over the centre of dome
3. Tuck the toes under and straighten the legs so the body is in an extended plank
1. Slowly flex the elbows lowering the chest towards centre of the dome
2. Allow elbows to open to the sides so that the shoulders move through horizontal abduction
3. Maintain an aligned position from the ankles through to the ears
4. Pause at the bottom of the movement, then extend the elbows and press back up to the start
5. Contract the core musculature to enhance balance performance
1. Keep the centre of chest aligned over the centre of the platform
2. Maintain neutral lumbar and cervical spinal posture throughout exercise
3. Do not lift the head or collapse in the lower back
4. Partial scapular retraction and depression will help to stabilise the shoulder girdle.
5. This exercise may not be suitable with orthopaedic concerns associated with the wrist or the shoulder.
Perform 8-20 reps to fatigue adjusting the reps based on overall workout times and goals.